ATC: Are We Overdoing it with the Foam Roller, Strengthen Glute Med to Fix Your ITB, From Marathons to Ironman, Plus: Run Ragnar with Us!
January 16, 2015
On this show Lucho commits to joining EP’s Ragnar SoCal team! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your spot to run the relay with Tawnee, Lucho and the crew this April! More info on Ragnar SoCal.
Answers to your questions:
- Are we over-rolling our IT Bands and missing the underlying cause of ITB pain? And how strengthening glute med, etc, work into the equation.
- Is the ‘Insanity 30′ workout program (HIIT circuits) worth the $120 for a ultra-runner? Or is there a better solution to add in strength training for ultra athletes?
- IM Lake Placid 101 from Lucho’s experience racing it.
- Tips for a marathoner going into Ironman
- Should you schedule races after your big A race? Or let go, wait it out and see how recovery goes first?
- Muscular imbalances and making use of varying types of running shoes and orthotics. Plus why we should ultimately be working toward a balanced injury-free body and not look to shoes to solve our problems!
Add your thoughts