ATC: IM Lake Tahoe Cancellation, Offseason Training to Maintain Run/MAF Fitness, Jens Voigt’s Hour World Record, and More
September 26, 2014
This episode of Ask The Coaches is brought to you by Generation UCAN SuperStarch
find out more and save 15% off your purchase
On this episode, Lucho and Tawnee team up to chat and answer your questions:
- Thoughts on the cancellation of Ironman Lake Tahoe
- Options given to IMLT athletes by WTC, and race alternatives for athletes who were ready to go for IMLT — how to revise your schedule? Should you race now, or rest and save it for next year?
- The “hurt” of sprint triathlons after coming off half-Ironman training
- Offseason: How much weekly running volume in Nov/Dec/Jan to keep things ticking over for further MAF improvements next year
- Run cadence for tall runners
- Ways to monitor and increase run cadence
- Cramping during an adventure race 5 hours in. Have tried being super hydrated, salt, electrolytes, and pickle juice, but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
- Help and advice for a tarsal coalition injury sustained from a combination of being in flatfooted, severe overpronator, etc. (If you’ve had this condition email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Suffering from PF with Boston on tap for 2015 – what to do, and advice for pool running and bike workouts to maintain fitness
- Jens Voigt’s world-record performance; watch it!
Just finished IMChoo last weekend. Little Debbie had a tent in IM village with free OCP and Cosmic Brownies and all kind of goodies at the finish line.