ATC: Periodizing Nutrition, How to Improve MAF without Running More, Caf or Decaf, and More
February 13, 2015
On this show Tawnee and Lucho dive deep into a bunch of topics and your questions including:
- SUP racing (vs triathlon) – Tawnee’s first experience,
- Nutrition periodization and how to develop metabolic efficiency and then move on, revisiting the idea of need 4:1 carbs-protein post-workout, and more on carbs,
- Taking caffeine tablets (No-Doz) pre run – good are bad?
- Caffeine and adrenal fatigue,
- How lucho and tawnee use caffeine/decaf, and is caffeine ok?
- Training for a 540km long road bike race, should I swap some of the 2h zone 2 rides on the trainer for VO2max intervals and threshold work? Will that help me prepare for such a long race?
- Why is there a difference in perceived effort between the bike and the trainer?
- First marathon and missed goal by 30min – what happened?! Going through the data to make sense of it all, and how to change things for a better race next time,
- Miraculous MAF improvements from walking 6-10 miles a day, drills, corrective exercises, hip mobility drills, weight training, and limiting carbs while adding more fats and proteins.
Thanks for the great coaching advice! (I’m the bad-first-marathon Dave) Like you said – really helpful to have an experienced voice to bounce ideas off of. Second marathon will probably wait until this fall, but it will happen. Thanks for the great podcast as always!