Lucho and Tawnee catch up on training, life and talk about Lucho raising kids “his way.”
Then they dive in an answer your questions:
-Training for those with an active “on your feet” job. “I drive for UPS; and I’m on my feet 8-9 hrs a day at work and train for marathons and triathlon. Should my training schedule be adjusted since I’m on my feet so much and not at a desk”
-Help for desk jockeys! “Do you have any advice for those of us who sit at a desk all day? Any exercises we can do? In my case, I unfortunately cannot use a standing desk.”
-We mention a Chris McDougall article.
-Lucho and Tawnee’s five best warm-up exercises. Plus: is warming up even necessary or is quick, light jogging enough?
Here are Tawnee’s top recommendations:
1. single leg balance/deadlifts – lock out bottom knee plus activate shoulders/back and elevated leg in line with torso no sagging
2. 4-way lunge+ walking lunge
3. leg swings – front/back + lateral
4. T spine/shoulder mobility – birddog w/ ext rotation, wall angels
5. butt kicks – glute/hammy focus, ankle mob + ground contact
Bonus: jump rope + SL jump rope
Plus: walk/jog and build to MAF or desired HR don’t force the HR right away!
-Tips on resistance training and stretching (not immediately before running) for running injury prevention and to prevent high hamstring strains?
-Having the strong urge to pee during long swims – why?
-Fat-adapted fueling for Ironman: Can you use your same nutrition as always but just modify?
-Fueling with “Infinit” – do we have an opinion on this fuel for fat-adapted athletes?