ATC: The Canova Method for The Marathon, Evolving as a Runner, and More
February 20, 2015
This podcast is sponsored by Skora Running
, makers of innovative running shoes that incorporate what nature intended with what the best technology can enhance. Find out more and get your pair now at enduranceplanet.com/skora
Also, the EP Newsletter is back! Sign up and never miss a beat!
On today’s show we have a great conversation on Renato Canova’s marathon training method drawing on Lucho’s experience using this method for himself.
What sets Canova’s training apart from other marathon plans? Is Canova right for you?
- Base “requirements” before tackling this kind of plan
- Starting the season with speed
- Will anaerobic work erode aerobic development
- Run fast to race fast
- How to determine your goal marathon pace, upon which so much of this style is based
- Canova’s specific period and the crazy workouts
- Lots of running near/at goal marathon pace.
- Fast long runs of 17-24mi
- Speed vs. distance, which is more important?
- Lucho’s experience with Canova
- The bigger picture of choosing a marathon plan and customizing it
More Canova resources:
Then, answers to YOUR questions on:
- How to find your bread and butter race distance for running — from the 100m to 10k to marathon — based on past performances
- Periodizing training for a fall Ironman and Sprint Triathlon Championships that will be 2 weeks apart
- Ultrarunner getting back to training for a hilly 50k in late June and needing guidance
- and more!