Brett Blankner of the Zen and the Art of Triathlon podcast is just over a month out from Ironman Texas and Tawnee’s taking on the task of coaching Brett for Ironman success! Listen to Episode 1 of this new series first if you haven’t yet; you should!
On this show we focus on:
– key workouts and long bricks that Brett needs to complete in the final weeks before IMTX
– the format Tawnee recommends for 3 big bricks for IM training (how much bike vs. run, and volume/intensity)
– How to plan around Brett’s BUSY schedule
– Racing 70.3 Galveston and goal-setting
– Fueling during workouts and honing in on race nutrition that Brett will use
– His latest concoction of: a mix of UCAN, dextrose, malto, and Hornet Juice.
– Food talk and mention of Thrive Market for finding quality food a cheaper prices
– enduranceplanet.com/shop to join Thrive now!
– Carbs at night (not the morning) whenever possible for better fat-adaptation
– the other Zendurance
– and more!