OMM 11: Navigating ‘Non-Toxic’ (Part 1)
October 27, 2023
Requested by our audience in response to ATC 357, which addresses keeping your cool around non-toxic living, this episode dives into more on clean, non-toxic living, the mental health component and more.
- Terminology around clean leaving, and what does “toxic” really mean?
- Fear-including, fear-mongering, click-bait tactics.
- Advice and input from an attorney (aka John).
- Body overburdened? The signs:
- Skin conditions
- Fatigue more than normal
- Sick often
- GI issues
- Brain fog
- Conventional products or additives in foods, etc, may be harmful in the following ways:
- Endocrine (hormone) disruptors
- Chemicals affecting mood, behavior and cognition
- Reproductive harms…
- Whether it’s trying to avoid endocrine disruptors esepcially in kids — as we are seeing a rise in early puberty — or avoiding chemicals that contribute to asthma, eczema, etc, it’s our job and duty to be mindful of these things. But not afraid.
- Evidence of chronic health issues in adults and children:
- Embrace the idea of less is more. We don’t need so much as we are told…
- We don’t need sunscreen most of the time (there are exceptions) if we are doing it right with food and our approach to sun exposure.
- We don’t need to be cleaning our homes with disinfectants every day, or really at all
- We don’t need 10000 beauty products.
- Our kids don’t even really need to use soap in the shower most of the time, as it can dry out skin and disrupt their natural oils and biome.
- Marketing these days will always tell you what you lack and what you need… critical thinking applies here.